I have a special treat for you today — a recipe for an herbal remedy that combines gut-supporting apple cider vinegar with powerful herbs to give you a big immunity boost… I’m talking about Fire Cider!
Apple cider vinegar is a jack-of-all-trades that brings your body back into homeostasis by introducing healthy bacteria to your microbiome — which largely controls the health of your immune system.
When you add more healing herbs to the mix – like garlic, ginger, turmeric, horseradish, cayenne, and other goodies, you get a strong (and delicious) wellness shot that prevents illness and shortens your recovery time if you’re already feeling sick.
My dear friend and world-renowned herbalist Rosemary Gladstar created Fire Cider in the early 1980s and then taught it to apprentices and students. Fire Cider eventually became popular across the country and is now a staple in herbalists’ pantries world-wide.
To honor this remedy, our team member Tara created the beautiful DIY Fire Cider video below. Further down, you’ll also find a list of ingredients and how to whip up this spicy elixir!
- ¼ cup horseradish
- ¼ cup onion
- ⅛ – ¼ cup garlic
- ⅛ cup fresh grated turmeric
- ⅛ cup grated ginger
- Cayenne to taste
- A couple sprigs of rosemary
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ – ½ cup honey
- 1-quart glass jar
Here’s how to make it:
- Chop up all ingredients (the smaller the better, so the vinegar can more easily extract all of the healing properties) and place in a glass jar
- Cover vegetables/herbs with apple cider vinegar
- Cover the jar opening with wax paper, then screw on the top
- Shake it up!
- Place in a cool, dark place for at least 4 weeks
- Strain out the dregs, so that your just left with the liquid
- Warm up your honey so that it can mix with the cider
- Mix together, re-fasten the lid and store in your refrigerator
Take 1 TSP per day to prevent illness or 1 TBSP per day if you’re showing symptoms of the cold/flu.
Host of Proven: Healing Breakthroughs Backed By Science
& Founder of The Sacred Science
For more Sacred Science videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel here!